注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 4198|回复: 2

Science and Buddhism 1

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-1-6 21:55:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 banmadanba 于 2011-1-6 21:59 编辑

Seeing the tremendous importance of science and recognizing its inevitable dominance in the modern world fundamentally changed my attitude to it from curiosity to a kind of urgent engagement. …. I wanted to understand science because it gave me a new area to explore in my personal quest to understand the nature of reality. I also wanted to learn about it because I recognized in it a compelling way to communicate insights gleaned from my own spiritual tradition.”
His Holiness the Dalai Lama
The Universe in a Single Atom (pages 9-10)

tremendous  /trəˈmendəs/ DJ  /trə'mɛndəs/ KK
  • adjective
    • very great 巨大的;极大的
    • extremely good 极好的;精彩的;了不起的
inevitable [size=0.9em]/ɪnˈevɪtəbl/ [size=0.8em]DJ  /ɪn'ɛvətəbḷ/ [size=0.8em]KK
  • adjective
    • that you cannot avoid or prevent 不可避免的;不能防止的
    • so frequent that you always expect it 总会发生的;照例必有的;惯常的 [size=0.85em]only before noun [size=0.85em]often[size=0.85em]humorous
    • something that is certain to happen 必然发生的事;不可避免的事 [size=0.85em]noun [size=0.85em]singular

[size=1.33em]dominance   [ˈdɔminəns] DJ  [ˈdɑmənəns] KK
  • noun
    • 优势;支配(地位),统治(地位)

[size=1.33em]curiosity  /ˌkjʊəriˈɒsəti/ DJ  /ˌkjʊriˈɑːs-/ DJ US /ˈkjurɪ'ɑsətɪ/ KK US
  • noun
    • Irregular:
      -ies [size=0.85em]plural
    • a strong desire to know about something 好奇心;求知欲 [size=0.85em]uncountable [size=0.85em]singular [size=0.85em]~ (about sth)[size=0.85em]~ (to do sth)
    • an unusual and interesting thing 罕见而有趣之物;奇物;珍品 [size=0.85em]countable
[size=1.33em]urgent /ˈɜːdʒənt/ DJ /ˈɜːrdʒ-/ DJ US   /'ɝdʒənt/ KK US
  • adjective
    • that needs to be dealt with immediately 紧急的;紧迫的;迫切的
    • showing that you think that something needs to be dealt with immediately 催促的;急切的[size=0.85em]written

[size=1.33em]engagement  /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒmənt/ DJ /ɪn'gedʒmənt/ KK
  • noun
    • an agreement to marry somebody; the period during which two people are engaged 订婚;订婚期间 [size=0.85em]countable [size=0.85em]~ (to sb)
    • an arrangement to do something at a particular time, especially something official or something connected with your job (尤指正式的或与工作有关的)约定,约会,预约[size=0.85em]countable
    • fighting between two armies, etc. 战斗;交战 [size=0.85em]countable [size=0.85em]uncountable [size=0.85em]technical
    • being involved with somebody/something in an attempt to understand them/it (与…的)密切关系;(对…的)了解 [size=0.85em]uncountable [size=0.85em]~ (with sb/sth) [size=0.85em]formal
    • an arrangement to employ somebody; the process of employing somebody 雇用;聘用[size=0.85em]uncountable [size=0.85em]countable [size=0.85em]British English

[size=1.33em]reality /riˈæləti/ DJ  /rɪ'ælətɪ/ KK
  • noun
    • Irregular:
      -ies [size=0.85em]plural
    • the true situation and the problems that actually exist in life, in contrast to how you would like life to be 现实;实际情况 [size=0.85em]uncountable
    • a thing that is actually experienced or seen, in contrast to what people might imagine 事实;实际经历;见到的事物 [size=0.85em]countable
    • Idiom:
      in reality
      • used to say that a situation is different from what has just been said or from what people believe 实际上;事实上

[size=1.33em]compelling   /kəmˈpelɪŋ/ DJ /kəm'pɛlɪŋ/ KK
  • adjective
    • that makes you pay attention to it because it is so interesting and exciting 引人入胜的;扣人心弦的 [size=0.85em]written
    • so strong that you must do something about it 非常强烈的;不可抗拒的 [size=0.85em]written
    • that makes you think it is true 令人信服的 [size=0.85em]written

[size=1.33em]glean  [gliːn] DJ  [glin] KK
  • transitive verb
    • Variant:
      gleaned;   gleaned;   gleaning
    • 点滴搜集(消息、材料等)
    • 拾(落穗)

His Holiness

法王

Source:http://scienceformonks.org/background/
发表于 2011-1-7 10:06:06 | 显示全部楼层
Join in the charity and virtue of danba buddhism brother
发表于 2011-1-7 14:59:48 | 显示全部楼层
Sui Xi too
It's a new website to widen my horizon.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|班玛陈来藏传佛教文化交流中心

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 17:54 , Processed in 0.106104 second(s), 20 queries .