注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 6190|回复: 9

How to properly position myself

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-4-25 11:13:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 班玛藏龙 于 2011-4-27 17:56 编辑

As time went by, it has been almost 4 years since I began to learn Buddhism. While what had happened to me is a serious question that I should consider carefully. I won't rather draw a conclusion easily now, but would really want to talk about what I am experiencing recently.

Story One
Lately I had the chance occasionally to be an unqualified teacher for some youngsters. My Guru told me the process of teaching others is also that of learning from them. While the fact on me just turned out to be quite on the contrary. I became more and more arrogant and impatient. I have been stressing the attitude that these youngsters should face their study and show less care about how they really feel and how they think of me in their real heart. By far, in my eyes, they are getting less improvement than I had expected, I am having less enthusiasm than I had. Now the course has quitted, but it will restart soon for both parties should think carefully how to proceed in a right way.

Story Two
Once in a while, I have the authority from my Guru to write some articles on his blog and to serve as one of his secretaries, which can explain why I can contact him a little bit more than some others outside but still less than those where he inhabits. Despite both of my quality and skills are very poor, I have been trying best to manage what I can. As time flies by, unawares people are expecting more from me and as a reward I am expecting more from others. Now, the problem appears. Neither the readers/listeners nor I got what we had anticipated from each other. Admiration, jealousy and hatred pop up everywhere. I spoiled it.

I'm not bitching here but to let me face the fact and get it through. Thanks to one of my Buddhism Brother, also my good friend for many years, taking the chance of a Fasheng Dharma Assembly held last weekend, she gave me a lesson by pointing out how she thought what I had done wrong. The conclusion is what has been emphasized by my Guru millions of time that HOW TO POSITION ONESELF PROPERLY.

Theoretically, before enlightenment, I will always be an ignorant sentient being. What I can do only is to attain wisdom from the source of wise to let go the poison that has been polluting the real nature of mine. What's the source? According to the classics of Vajrayana Buddhism, the only source is my ULTIMATE GURU who transforms differently and by all means to enlighten me. As a receiver, the prerequisite in me is the confidence that never goes backward and a pure mind built up on the former until I become identical mentally or as perfectly wise as my Guru. Let me jump out of the theory and pull myself back into the fact. What had happened to me? I've been jumping up and down and have never found a proper position.  Being such an arrogant person who I am, I had never faced myself properly. Who are driven behind are always the five kinds of poison, Craving, Hatred, Ignorance, Arrogance and Suspicion, five friends who live with me until enlightenment.

Up to now, the topic seems to be boring and fall into a rut. But what I dare to say is at this very moment that I write this article I am confessing, confess for what I had behaved wrong that I can recognize within this period, for my arrogance, for my ignorance, for the affliction, the pains, the jealousy and the worry or even the hurt that I have brought for others on the surface due to the wrong measure that I took but in fact caused by the poison "friends" I had never treat rightly.

In conclusion, I want to tell myself I am nothing and am not qualified at all for being the one who evaluates others. From now on, I wanna set me free!
发表于 2011-4-25 15:17:43 | 显示全部楼层
Admiration, jealousy and hatred ------what the terrible things we easily got in the Latter Dharma Age due to the craving, we are always expecting more to acquire but never have the consciousness whether have the ability to digest. There's an old word saying "Do not have too many irons in the fire". So I'll try my best to stop these acts and confess myself, and then gradually make the first step instead of walking in place. Our Guru has the same mercy as the Buddha, if we ourselves have the fine quality and are qualified as a dharma instrument, Guru would never retain what he owns, and otherwise, the dharma in the poisonous vessel will also become poison. Thanks to Zanglong Buddhism brother, wish all our Buddhism brothers could go together until our ultimate achievements. A Buddhist should not have contradictions-----our Guru once says, not to mention Admiration, jealousy and hatred.
发表于 2011-4-25 17:16:59 | 显示全部楼层
lamaqiannuo
 楼主| 发表于 2011-4-25 21:50:54 | 显示全部楼层
回复 2# 班玛正波

"we are always expecting more to acquire but never have the consciousness whether have the ability to digest".
What a good expression! Thank Buddhism Brother Zengbo for your wise delivery.
Bow to our Guru!
Pray for blessing!
发表于 2011-4-27 00:29:38 | 显示全部楼层
Firstly,I will deeply apologize to you 。Because I have no earnest study causing you trouble 。Don`t worry,I am trying to progress。

Secondly,I think you are a little less confident .Put on your properly position--No inferiority--no arrogant--no stubborn.You will have the ability to understand others .I wish to share with our Buddhism brothers !

Pray for blessing!
发表于 2011-4-27 00:35:50 | 显示全部楼层
The second point is a bit of a few days ago I harvest .
Now I will deeply repent before fault.
ong ban zer sa duo hong !
Pray for blessing!
 楼主| 发表于 2011-4-27 09:25:46 | 显示全部楼层
回复 6# 班玛突杰

1. You don't have to appologize. It's just sth I should face myself and understand others:-)
    2. Tks for ur instructive suggestion, NO INFERIOTY, NO ARROGANCE, NO STUBBAN. I will keep it in mind.
发表于 2011-4-27 16:25:06 | 显示全部楼层
easy easy
发表于 2011-4-27 17:03:16 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 班玛帕波 于 2011-4-27 17:06 编辑

Aha, here the story goes. Everything happens with a reason, and I can fully understand what happened now. Let me join the confession with my buddhism brother as well as share the courage and wisdom to conduct the self-examination as brother ZangLong did.
The five poisions/"friends" are not easy to get off, even we are learning buddism. In fact, they appear in every single word, movement and thought by ourselves. We are lucky to have the ultimate Guru to give us teachings, reminders and even warnings to draw us back onto the track of dhrama learning with right direction, but that should not become the only dependency for us to examine ourself and keep ourself with a clear consciousness.
Once we found ourself away from where we are, it is a good opportunity for us to recognize the true one dwells within us and push us to get nearer to the enlightened original natrue. Don't overcorrect, don't deny the approach and hold the steps forward, we cherish the opportunities and should encourage ourself to find those opportunities to improve.
We are the buddhism borthers and stand on the same line. Let's give more practices on what we learn and help each other to get the ultimate achievement.

Bow to our Guru!
 楼主| 发表于 2011-4-27 17:46:49 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 班玛藏龙 于 2011-4-27 17:49 编辑

回复 9# 班玛帕波

"we cherish the opportunities and should encourage ourselves to find those opportunities to improve"
--Tks, I wish I could take it this time:-).
Expecting to be spurred on more.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|班玛陈来藏传佛教文化交流中心

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 14:36 , Processed in 0.096382 second(s), 20 queries .